SALES / APPLICATIONS ENGINEERBack to overview
Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and strives to offer tailor made solutions to its customers.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit, and offers material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry leaders in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We create value for our customers. These are no empty words for J-Tec, as our company always strives to make a difference in terms of creativity, flexibility and performance.
J-Tec is growing fast and already has offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Moldavia, Macedonia, Thailand, Brazil and USA. This success is made possible by our international team of more than 140 people (and counting).
This is a mid-level professional position for an individual with a technical background and strong interpersonal skills to strengthen our commercial activities.
The customer focused Sales / Applications Engineer reports to the Sales manager of North America and is responsible for making individual proposals to the customer, or team up with the sales manager depending on the project size. He/she is the link between the inside sales department and J-Tec’s customers. Essentially, you would take the customer’s ideas and translate them into a design (conceptions to design).
- Evaluate and reply to incoming technical enquiries from customers.
- Interface with inside sales and other departments within the company to translate customer needs into a technically correct and commercially attractive proposal;
- Develop a solid relationship with existing and potential key accounts.
- Proactively look for new opportunities and accounts within the process industry in accordance with the established company strategy;
- Promote and represent J-Tec’s business, vision and strategy towards the marketplace (exhibitions, seminars, customer visits …);
- Follow up on all quotes and maintain / update the CRM system
- Negotiate, interpret and close contracts with customers;
- Commercial follow up of contracts during execution phase;
- Occasional short travels throughout the US are required, as well as an extended training in Europe.
- In possession of a higher technical degree (Bachelor/Master).
- Experience in a sales role within a technical industry.
- Background in process engineering or as an application engineer is a plus.
- Industry knowledge of food and/or chemical related customers is a plus.
- English is your first language.
- Able to read and interpret technical specification requirements of customers.
- Team player with great organizational skills.
- Independent with strong problem solving skills.
- An exciting opportunity in a steady and professional environment, where personal growth is important.
- In-house and external training to support growth of your skills and talent.
- A challenging job in a growing, international company,with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines.
- A team of highly motivated colleagues.
- An attractive salary package, PTO and benefits.