Automation engineerBack to overview
Katoen Natie is a global logistics and applied engineering provider. To optimally serve its customers, the organization is decentralized in business units. Each business unit acts independently and strives to offer tailor made solutions to its customers.
J-Tec Material Handling is the process engineering business unit, and offers material handling and process engineering solutions to the industry leaders in the chemical and food industries all over the world. We create value for our customers. These are no empty words for J-Tec, as our company always strives to make a difference in terms of inventivity, flexibility and performance.
J-Tec is growing fast and already has offices in Belgium, Germany, Poland, Moldavia, Macedonia, Thailand, Brasil and USA. This success is made possible by our international team of more than 140 people (and counting).
As an automation engineer, you will be responsible for engineering process control systems for various customers. One of your main tasks will be the programming of PLC’s and HMI panels (mainly Siemens and Rockwell) and/or programming of SCADA systems (also mainly Siemens and Rockwell). Another important part of your job will be the commissioning of installations, both national and international.
- In possession of a degree Industrial Engineer (electromechanics or automation) or you've gained the needed skills through previous working experiences
- Several years of experience in programming process control systems is an asset
- Basic knowledge concerning electrical drawings
- Willing to work abroad for short periods of time
- Besides Dutch, a strong knowledge of English
- In possession of a driver's license type B
- Like us, you believe in creative solutions, continuous improvement, teamwork, and responsibility
- An exciting job in a steady and professional environment where personal growth is important
- In-house and external training to support growth of your skills and talent
- A job in a growing, international company but with a flat hierarchy and short communication lines
- A team of highly motivated colleagues
- An attractive salary package